Per Wikipedia: “An adjuvant is a pharmacological or immunological agent that modifies the effect of other agents. Adjuvants may be added to a vaccine to boost the immune response to produce more antibodies and longer-lasting immunity, thus minimizing the dose of antigen needed. Adjuvants may also be used to enhance the efficacy of a vaccine by helping to modify the immune response to particular types of immune system cells: for example, by activating T cells instead of antibody-secreting B cells depending on the purpose of the vaccine. Adjuvants are also used in the production of antibodies from immunized animals. There are different classes of adjuvants that can push immune response in different directions, but the most commonly used adjuvants include aluminum hydroxide and paraffin oil.”
To make this easier to understand, imagine your body to be a city, your immune system to be the police, and antigens (parts of foreign invaders that can be identified by the immune system) to be cars containing criminals. Vaccines contain small amounts of antigens, so in this metaphor, it would be like a single taxi driving through New York City. The odds of the police noticing the criminal in the back of that taxi are extremely low. Adjuvants serve as giant neon billboards attached to the top of that taxi that not only announce the presence of the criminal, but also have choice things to say about the police officers’ mothers. Instead of slipping anonymously through traffic, every police officer in the area will focus on taking down that sign and arresting the criminal.
Adjuvants are chemicals that directly irritate and mobilize the immune system to (hopefully) generate an immune response to the antigen from the vaccine. The problem with this strategy is an increasing body of scientific studies that demonstrate that other targets often get caused in the crossfire, causing autoimmune (the immune system attacking the host’s body) and sensitivity conditions that all-too-often are chronic.
Returning back to our earlier metaphor, imagine that those angry police officers surround the taxi cab, pull out shotguns, and start indiscriminately firing into the street. After the bloodbath ends, not only is the criminal in the taxi cab scooped up and processed, but every bystander is similarly processed. A slug-riddled mailbox gets taken into evidence. Perhaps a dog-walker with a pack of poodles succumbed to the hail of bullets and the police now associate poodles with criminals as well. You might think to yourself that these are some stupid police officers, but they were just doing their job, and that criminal made them angry. The components of our immune system aren’t all officer-of-the-year material: if any part of it makes a mistake, the error gets propagated across the entire “police department”.
Does that make sense? If so, I encourage you to educate yourself on the actual mechanisms of immune function. While many resources are available online, an easy primer can be found at Wikipedia.
Currently, the CDC‘s position is that aluminum adjuvants are safe. On many pro-vaccination sites, the amount of aluminum found in vaccines is often compared to benign sources of aluminum such as breast milk or tea. This is deliberately deceptive: as anyone trained in medicine is aware, the route of a drug, supplement, or chemical can have dramatically different effects in the body. For example, consuming 40 IU of potassium chloride would have almost no effect on the body’s serum potassium level, whereas rapidly infusing 40 IU of potassium chloride intravenously can have such a severe effect on serum levels that it can instantly stop your heart. So, comparing one form of natural aluminum in tea that is absorbed at extremely small levels in the gut is obviously different than an artificial form of aluminum designed to send the immune system into DEFCON 1 and is 100% absorbed into the bloodstream. Here is a visual aid to help put this into perspective:
There is no comparison, and anyone medically trained that attempts to make one is knowingly lying to you. This may seem harsh, but there is only one interpretation for their actions: they know what they’re stating to be false due to their training and education, so the only remaining question becomes why they are choosing to deceive?
CDC – “Aluminum salts, such as aluminum hydroxide, aluminum phosphate, and aluminum potassium sulfate have been used safely in vaccines for more than 70 years.”
Is this true? What does the science say?
- “Aluminum has been demonstrated to impact the central nervous system at every level, including by changing gene expression. These outcomes should raise concerns about the increasing use of aluminum salts as vaccine adjuvants.” Aluminum-adjuvant vaccines can cause macrophagic myofasciitis. Clinical symptoms include myalgia, arthralgia, chronic fatigue, autoimmunity, and cognitive dysfunction.
- Aluminum-injected mice showed significant deficits in memory and motor functions. They also had pathological abnormalities characteristic of neurological diseases such as Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Aluminum remains in cells long after vaccination and can cause neurological disorders and autoimmune syndromes induced by adjuvants.
- “In adults, aluminum exposure can lead to apparently age-related neurological deficits resembling Alzheimer’s and has been linked to this disease and to the Guamanian variant, ALS–PDC. Similar outcomes have been found in animal models. In addition, injection of aluminum adjuvants in an attempt to model Gulf War syndrome and associated neurological deficits leads to an ALS phenotype in young male mice. In young children, a highly significant correlation exists between the number of pediatric aluminum-adjuvanted vaccines administered and the rate of autism spectrum disorders. Many of the features of aluminuminduced neurotoxicity may arise, in part, from autoimmune reactions, as art of the ASIA syndrome.”
- “The same components of the neuro-immune axis that play key roles in brain development and immune function are heavily targeted by Al adjuvants.”
- “In spite of this, the notion that aluminum in vaccines is safe appears to be widely accepted. Experimental research, however, clearly shows that aluminum adjuvants have a potential to induce serious immunological disorders in humans. In particular, aluminum in adjuvant form carries a risk for autoimmunity, long-term brain inflammation and associated neurological complications and may thus have profound and widespread adverse health consequences.”
- “In preterm infants, prolonged intravenous feeding with solutions containing aluminum is associated with impaired neurologic development.”
- “Aluminum-treated mice showed significantly increased apoptosis of motor neurons and increases in reactive astrocytes and microglial proliferation within the spinal cord and cortex. Morin stain detected the presence of aluminum in the cytoplasm of motor neurons with some neurons also testing positive for the presence of hyper-phosphorylated tau protein, a pathological hallmark of various neurological diseases, including Alzheimer’s disease and frontotemporal dementia.”
- “Although aluminum is the most abundant metal in nature, it has no known biological function. However, it is known that there is a causal role for aluminum in dialysis encephalopathy, microcytic anemia, and osteomalacia. Aluminum has also been proposed to play a role in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer’s disease (AD) even though this issue is controversial. The exact mechanism of aluminum toxicity is not known but accumulating evidence suggests that the metal can potentiate oxidative and inflammatory events, eventually leading to tissue damage.”
- The leading studies purported to demonstrate aluminum adjuvant safety are fraudulent.
- “Numerous studies provide compelling evidence that injected aluminum can be detrimental to health. Aluminum is capable of remaining in cells long after vaccination and may cause neurologic and autoimmune disorders. During early development, the child’s brain is more susceptible to toxins and the kidneys are less able to eliminate them. Thus, children have a greater risk than adults of adverse reactions to aluminum in vaccines.” The true value of this analysis is the list of scientific references at the end.
- “Brain translocation of alum particles is linked to a Trojan horse mechanism previously described for infectious particles (HIV, HCV), that obeys to CCL2, signaling the major inflammatory monocyte chemoattractant.”
- “Our results show that: (i) children from countries with the highest ASD prevalence appear to have the highest exposure to Al from vaccines; (ii) the increase in exposure to Al adjuvants significantly correlates with the increase in ASD prevalence in the United States observed over the last two decades (Pearson r = 0.92, p < 0.0001); and (iii) a significant correlation exists between the amounts of Al administered to preschool children and the current prevalence of ASD in seven Western countries, particularly at 3–4 months of age (Pearson r = 0.89–0.94, p = 0.0018–0.0248). The application of the Hill’s criteria to these data indicates that the correlation between Al in vaccines and ASD may be causal.”
“The application of Hill’s criteria to these data indicates that the correlation between [aluminum] in vaccines and [autism spectrum disorder] may be causal.”
- “We propose that children with the autism diagnosis are especially vulnerable to toxic metals such as aluminum and mercury due to insufficient serum sulfate and glutathione. A strong correlation between autism and the MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) vaccine is also observed, which may be partially explained via an increased sensitivity to acetaminophen administered to control fever.”
- “Taken in totality, the results of several studies in the literature demonstrated that Al could impart adverse effects on immune function.”
There are literally hundreds of studies on the subject, with dozens more being released each year. The evidence is clear: aluminum adjuvants are neurotoxic, cause autoimmune conditions, and at best impair normal brain development.